View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 91 BMW 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter67 View Post
Try vise grips....are you using allen wrenches or sockets? Allen sockets work better... if visegrips do not work craftsman makes sockets for taken rounded off bolts or nuts off. I have used these on stripped out allen head bolts....we have all been there and done that
Okay, I will have to try that..I tried channel locks and couldn't get it to budge. I'm trying to get my order placed so I can get this thing fixed. Since the thing is apart and hopefully this will be the only time its apart what seals should I replace? I see Pelican Parts has a pilot bearing puller but they are kind of crazy wanting $52 or so for it..any advice? Looks like I can rent a tool from autozone perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR_LVR View Post
Congratulations on getting the transmission out
Thanks, yeah after I got it off I had to take it off the jack, put it on my chest then wiggle it to the floor as I couldn't of possibly got the car jacked up high enough to roll the transmission out from underneath of it.

Appears I broke the steel breather up on top of the transmission prying on that stupid clip BMW put on it to hold the shifter linkage to it.

Last edited by CJ74753; 02-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.