Thread: 3 Series GT
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
The Gran Touring really and truly is about exactly what its name implies to a great degree. It is intended for grand touring. I tell people all the time that the 5er GT it is the perfect get away car for two couples. The back seat is a supremely comfortable place to be. You know how when couples go out together many times the husbands ride together in the front and the wives ride together in the back? Well, in the 5er GT husbands fit in the back in fine comfort. Imagine two couples getting away for the weekend and each couple riding together, front and back. Of course the 5er GT is rather large. I think the 3er GT will be considerably more entertaining to drive.

I wish the 3er GT would have the split operation rear tailgate/trunk, but from the pictures it appears it will not. However, the power lift spoiler makes me believe BMW intends for the 3er GT to be more sporting than the 5er GT.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **