View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: E83 LCI (2007)
You have tail lights and turn signals easy accessible on the side. On my European model I then have two fog lights and panic brake lights inside the lid panel.

The lid panel is fastened with 9 plastic clips, two screws inside the grips/handles and also two plastic rivets by the locking mechanism on the the lid. I typically broke a few plastic clips and lost the pins on the plastic rivets, i.e. bought the rivets and a few clips.

Here is the trunk lid. I had to get 2 number 9 rivets (color matched) and a few number five rivets. Ah, and you have to disconnect the red/white trunk light and the plastic peice attached with the rivets before you tear down the lid.

Not sure what happened to my link but it was broken or not permitted, sorry about that. Check out bmwfans för trunk lid anyway.

Also: If you are inspecting yourself. Pay attention to that a blown bulb may be taken over by an adjacent light so you are very sure that you are looking at the correct lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShark View Post
Thanks Nikasp,

How do I check to see if this is the light that is out. Do I but on the Fog Lights switch and see if the bulb is burned out, or do I have to tear into the large plastic cover that covers the rear lid, or is it in the side lamps on the tails of the car which would be accessible from the interior? do you have any photos or can you point this out to me in the users manual where it talks about changing lamps? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by nikasp; 02-12-2013 at 03:55 PM.