Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
Im not sure why some people are bad mouthing the JL audio
Cleansweep ???
Here is my 2 cents
I have it in my car & everything sounds great . I personally
Think it is a good option to go with ...
The JL cleansweep takes a multi-channel audio signal and sums it up into a Left and Right Signal that's full range. That's certainly not the way real audio should be done. For us, "audio processing" that simulates 5.1 or something with some form of equalization is pretty good, but for a true audio enthusiast, having a front stage with rear filler + subs that properly mesh no matter the music that is played is the ideal goal.

A proper summing and equalization tool should have the ability to output at least 5+ channels of audio (Left front, Left Rear, Right Front, Right Rear, Center, Subwoofer, etc) and have the ability to adjust crossover points along with an equalizer (minimum of 10 bands) (IE 3.sixty or JBL MS8).

Simply summing up everything into left and right is what you'd expect from a kid with a dodge neon who has a cleansweep hooked up to the factory HU, a set of aftermarket speakers and an amp. And what I mean by that is that it's a quick, easy solution for mediocre sound that's better than most economical factory sound systems, but for our cars will sound like crap compared to a properly working L7 system. I believe that so much that I'd be willing to bet that the L7 system from the factory probably sounds better in range and timber than a 7-series with the JL cleansweep hooked up to it with factory speakers.

PAPER, I'm not meaning to bash you or insult you or JL, but the sound I've heard out of cleansweep units vs. other processors in various cars has ALWAYS been sub par and has required a TON of more equipment to make it sound decently better (IE separate equalization unit, new cross-overs, etc)