View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Yes, the scenario you describe certainly complicates the issue.

I will speak for my situation only: I prefer simplicity and fixed cost. I prefer simplicity so I can move on and do something else. I prefer fixed cost so I know what to expect. So for me, there are only two options that make sense:

1. Lease for whichever term gives the lowest monthly cost.

2. Buy new + extended warranty, using cash, and hold for seven years (typical length of an extended warranty).

These are the only two options I can think of that offer both simplicity and fixed cost while providing the best value for either the lease or buy scenario. For option 2, I do not want to buy CPO because searching for a used vehicle that has the features and colors you want takes time and is not simple (let's ignore the fact I'm sitting here wasting time on this forum )

So the option you choose depends on how frequently you want to be driving something new.

I'm leasing my F10, so you know my answer to that question.

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry