View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: 323Ci
1995 e36 M3 buying help

Hi guys, I have a neighbor who is selling his '95 M3 coupe in red with 125k miles on it for $7, 000.
He is the original owner of this M3 and it is in good shape for its' age other than some imperfections like missing some screws, small tear on the driver side lumbar support, some clearcoat starting to peel off on the side skirts, etc.
He put some chrome bmw wheels on it, which I really dont care for but he will include the original wheels as well in the deal. Still has the original tape deck in it.
He also installed dinan chip, dinan intake and new catalytic converter.
He has one body imperfection on the passenger side quarter panel, a scratch just deep enough to feel that it is indented, extended to about 4 inches into the door.
I drove it and it felt strong.
Is $7k a good deal for such vehicle? Its about $2k more than the bluebook value but I noticed these go for higher than the book value here locally.
I wanna hear your opinion. I currently have 2 BMWs in my garage (525i and a X5) and I just miss a manual car to have some fun and to commute with.
Im also considering a Nissan 350z with 75k miles for $11.5, which is in great condition.
Which is a better value for the money?
Love to take on the M3 since I only owned BMW for last 20 years but the age scares me a bit and also not too sure about the $7k price tag just because it is way more than the kbb value...
Please help!
Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App
Advertisement