View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Montego Blue 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp735i View Post
Good luck to all that think their BMW are reliable. Know what the positives of your car are and accept the negatives. Stop lying to yourself because we all know BMW are not reliable cars but they sure know how to make fun and good looking cars.
I really don't understand some BMW owners. Always negitve. I'm on my 3rd BMW and not once was I left on the side of the road and I don't think that is unusaual. My 88 735i bought with 112,000 miles on it keep me going for 7 years and I only speant $2500 in 7 years to keep it running great. If that is not reliable I don't know what is.

I argree that they do cost more now then before to keep up with maintanence, but there is no reason to think it will ever break down and leave you stranded.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if you've never owned a Toyota, you'll never know what a reliable car is. You don't have anything to compate to. Sounds like you might be one of those where you've always bought BMW's. Nothing wrong with that. That's your cup of tea. I'm not negative. I'm just saying it like it is. Even the report says Toyota's are more reliable so again, I'm not being negative. I'm just confirming what the report has said year over year over year over year. If you did a search for my name and the posts I've created regarding issues with my car, you'd see that I've had more than the "average" bmw issues. They ranged from HPFP, left exhaust flap, replaced dme, replaced fuel injectors, replaced oil filter housing. Dang and this is with 85k miles on the car. My wife's previous 2002 rx300 had over 220k miles with only 1 problem and it was still going strong.

...so not being negative. just calling it like I see it.