View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 97 540i
separator

Thank you for posting. I have a 2003 X5 and live in the NE. After out snowstorm last week (Feb 8th) we had an 8 degree night. 2 days later I was able to shovel my car out and started it. It ran fine for the first 10 minutes. Upon backing it out of the driveway, white smoke poured out of the exhaust. After 2 minutes, car stalled and I had to have it towed to the local BMW mechanic. Blown motor. I had just changed the oil 10 days earlier, on schedule as always, and use BMW coolant following the correct mixture guidelines. I am furious and tired of the "common" "unrecalled" issues with these cars. I also own a 97 540i 6 speed. I have made a commitment to purchasing, owning and maintaining BMW's because of their style and handling, however their reputation is not living up to what has been expected. Window regulators, I replaced 4 last year. Last month was oxygen sensors for cold starting in the winter. This is ridiculous.

Please help with who I should contact to get assistance with my X5. I simply cannot afford to replace a vehicle due to an engineering component that has not been properly handled by BMWNA.

Thank you,
Lee