Thread: Z3 @%#@! Rattle
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 e90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by russpe View Post
OK, the saga continues... I had a BMW mechanic replace the sway bar bushings and mounts as well as the rear shocks, bushings and mounts at a cost of $700. I drove the car home and the rattle (very loud and annoying rattle) was as bad as ever. I really thought I had it this time but no luck. I can't even appreciate the improved suspension because every bump I hit causes such a clatter that it drives me crazy. The lions share of the noise originates in the passenger side rear but nothing seems to be loose under the car. The only thing left that I can think of is to remove the rear bumper and remove the 15 lb counterweights (2) which (if loose) could be heavy enough to cause such a rattle and while its off I can try to see if there is anything else I can find loose. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem or heard of this problem. I would really like some help diagnosing this noise.
I went thought the same problem , diagnosing changing everything as suggested above, so it was left with the counter weights, just removed the bumper and removed those useless weights and the car is so quiet now, the bushing holding it was worn and it was shaking like crazy, my car now feels lighter, no change in handling or vibration.so take them off, it took me 30 min s with simple tools, I bought wrench the torex to take the bumper off.