View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 xDrive35d
Thank you all for you valuable comments.

To answer some of questions posed:

I had the message return this morning, after about 2 kms on the road and then at about 6 kms. on my short 20 minute drive to work.

I do not think the issue is weather related as the message has come up 2 hours after being on the road after leaving Vancouver on a early summer morning, about 7:30 am.

I use Shell V-power fuel. Prior to taking the car in last time I had filled up a few days earlier. After getting the car back from the service last Friday, I have not filled up so todays warning message does not have anything to do with fueling or the fuel, I think.

On the last visit the sensor was replace as indicated at the top of the post. On the previous visit all the vacuum lines were replaced. Several attempts in the past have been made to test for leaks and a small leak was found in one of the hoses (not sure which one as I do not have my paperwork with me at present).

The fuel filter heater and fuel filter has been replaced in the past as well as the urea tank.

We do not have lemon laws in Canada like it does in USA and it sucks. The manufacturers are able to get away and do not deal with real serious issues.

The dealer has admitted that they are not getting the support they need from BMW Canada and they are frustrated. Several Canadian dealers are dealing with the same issue.

I am satisfied that all the recalls has been taken care of as I follow this thread and I am aware of what needs to be done and have taken the vehicle in to be taken care of the recalls.

The car has been worked on by the dealers most experienced tech.

I hope I have answered all the questions.

I have sent another e-mail to the service manager, informing him of the return of the messages this morning and again asking that the dealer and BMW Canada replace this vehicle.

I really appreciate the help of you guys with all your technical knowledge and insight of this vehicle.