Thread: Z3 @%#@! Rattle
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by atopa2002 View Post
I went thought the same problem , diagnosing changing everything as suggested above, so it was left with the counter weights, just removed the bumper and removed those useless weights and the car is so quiet now, the bushing holding it was worn and it was shaking like crazy, my car now feels lighter, no change in handling or vibration.so take them off, it took me 30 min s with simple tools, I bought wrench the torex to take the bumper off.
Wow! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking your time to help me out. I was so discouraged when I drove my car (after the work) and that horrible noise was still there. What surprises me is that there is really nothing (until now) that I've been able to find in this truly awesome forum that addresses this problem. I think it's only the 2.8s that have the counter weights but even so wouldn't you think the problem would be more prevalent? Anyway, I'm looking forward to removing the weights but just one question... what is the procedure? Do you have to remove the bumper or other components? Could you just describe the method you used? Thanks again, in advance for your help.