View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li, F250 V10, Ex 7.3L
The labor cost seems high

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbolin@me.com View Post
Latest update on this situation. Century BMW replaced the high pressure fuel pump on bank 1. Test drove the car after the service. At highway speed stalled several times. Returned to the service bay. Tested high pressure fuel pump on bank 2. Diagnosed as failed. So, $2,228 for the part, $1,200 for the labor, $130 in taxes for an awful cost of $3,558. Insurance covered the cost for HPFP bank 1.
Thanks for the response. I have finally figured out that I'm in for both HPFPs on my 760Li, but mine's at 135K miles. I plan to replace them myself. The thing is, I've read TIS, and I have had the plenum off before--I know what it takes, and it ain't much, and --looking at those pumps--I'm sorry, but I am 95% sure I could have that entire job (both pumps and back to running state) done in about 2-4 hours, including time for head scratching. The dealers really ream us on billable hours on these jobs. Not trying to depress you, but we need to start pushing back on some of these flat rates for the jobs they quote.