View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 528i 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgreene39 View Post
Bleed excess air out before throwing parts at it.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=558386

I drained out the coolant this eve as the coolant and water I topped it up with at 3 am last night was Questionable. Even after that fill I bleed it and had no issues on test run last night. Expansion bottle was full this morning. After driving it around today no issues but running at 97-98 that's when I decided to drain everything out as I grabbed distiller water and extended life prestone. Hey I am still trouble shooting!! Anyway I filled and bleed it and now runs at 94. Air isn't the issue as I dumped in 9 litres of mix, bleed it and drove for and hr right out of the shop with only the OBD readout as my guide. 94 solid. Expansion bottle dropped maybe an inch. All in all seems very solid now. My question remains what " caused" it to spike last night. Coolant may have been low causing an air pocket but I haven't checked it for a while because the gauge had always been ok. Till last night

I am on this like white on rice now to monitor any changes in temp or coolant drop. I am sure the rad is stock as is the fan clutch so I think I'll change those as today. I learned how.

Last edited by H2oallyear; 02-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.