View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer540 View Post
I posted this over in the 'ask a dealer' forum too..

I am currenly in heavy negotiations with a BMW dealer to lease a new 328. The dealer gave me a break down of their numbers and how they calculated the lease payment. Everything checks out, except I think they are still asking too much for the car. MSRP is $45,395. They want $44,050 (capitalized cost). They got the car from another dealer and claim they paid $400 to get it to them, but the $44,050 includes that $400.

One of the things the dealer told me is they have to give up $500 for every car they sell back to BMW 'to help pay for advertising', etc. True or BS?

Quite a chunk.

On another note, can you say: "Bull Pucky?"

Back on thread, the one and only thing that matters is the bottom line out-the-door. If interested in details, get Consumers Union's breakdown of current actual dealer cost and manufacturer's kickbacks/discounts - add up to 5% profit and there's a fair price.

I like to mention I contacted them, which I do, then make an offer. Hey, if they want to deal lower, I don't fight it. But I won't go up - when the salesman attempts to negotiate, I say OK, take my price to management - gotta go - will contact you [time & date] or if yes, call me at [cell number]. Eliminates much 'stew' time salesmen like to inflict on hapless punters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Salesman 001.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	362666

Good luck t'ya!