View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
This seemingly trivial thread is touching a great lot of aspects - and aesthetics is by far the least important of them. The most important - though few people admit it openly - is about psychology, vanity etc.

Some people prefer debadging because - especially with the xDrive logo now at the back - it all can look cluttered. I'm one of them.

Some people would debadge their low-end models (like 528i) in order to pretend they have a better car (550i, for instance). Yet others - for the exactly opposite reason; having spent premium on a 550i, they prefer to stay low-profile... If any, I'm in the latter category.

But there also are people who put the M badge on their very low-end, worn and old vehicles; I can see plenty of them here in Poland. Speaking of which - you can spot quite a number of seemingly debadged BMWs here whose badges just got stolen by vandals, or "art collectors"!

Psychology aside, I AM going to my 528ix simply because I like the clean look; the BMW roundel is proud and nice enough to indicate what I'm driving

Piotr

PS. Plus, I'm used to driving a debadged BMW - I've done so for 10 years with my old good 330i...

Last edited by MoldCAD; 02-18-2013 at 05:24 AM.