View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
1. Germans are snobs and love cars. They debadge their cars because they figure if you are a car enthusiast you know what is under the skin, and it does not need to be advertised. They also don't compare or display their wealth like Americans.

2. Germans are very private people. Do not get too close to them when you are being introduced. Shake their hands, in order from dad, mom, and even the children. Look at their eyes when you shake their hands. Never, never hug them. That's reserved for the family only. When you are accepted as their friends and go to their homes, the host will serve fine liquor or wine (if they drink) after a meal or their afternoon sweet with coffee or tea.

How do I know? I have more German than American friends.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 02-18-2013 at 07:59 AM.