View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdude View Post
It's amazing how far people will argue in order to rationalize their debadging. Again, no matter the reason, you either will look trendy to some or a poser to others. But you shouldn't have to rationalize this because it doesn't matter just remove your badges and call it a day. I just hope they continue putting them on my car.
Not trying to rationalize anything; I do as I please, which I hope others do as well. This is a thread, with a question, with answers, some of which I disagree with; nothing personal. Otherwise, I wasn't the one who brought up design anyway; need me to connect the dots(?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I see the badges including the roundel as part of the overall design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swajames View Post
When was the last time you could go out and buy a concept vehicle? That's a frankly ludicrous argument.
One person's saying badges are part of a car's design, while he and another are saying [final] design concepts don't count; hmm...

If anyone is interested in an answer to this thread, not just opinion, look at what I've said before and what Dave says below on culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
1. Germans are snobs and love cars. They debadge their cars because they figure if you are a car enthusiast you know what is under the skin, and it does not need to be advertised. They also don't compare or display their wealth like Americans.

2. Germans are very private people. Do not get too close to them when you are being introduced. Shake their hands, in order from dad, mom, and even the children. Look at their eyes when you shake their hands. Never, never hug them. That's reserved for the family only. When you are accepted as their friends and go to their homes, the host will serve fine liquor or wine (if they drink) after a meal or their afternoon sweet with coffee or tea.

How do I know? I have more German than American friends.
Finally, another 'American' who understands! Sheesh. The King of Common Sense, no doubt; thanks.

Last edited by dbs600; 02-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.