View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 M5, 1983 Euro 635CSI
2001 M5 Airbag troubles- Can't reset light

Hello all. I'm about to sell the beast, and I have an airbag light on that I'd like to take care of before I send her off. Here's a little background on the issues I've had: Airbag light has been on for some time. There was no communication from the module to the OBD2 connector. After much troubleshooting and wire hunting, I found there was a broken connection between the instrument cluster and the OBD2 connector. I repaired that and now have communication with the module via INPA. I consistently get 6 errors. I reset them using INPA, but they immediately return. Here they are:

E R R O R M E M O R Y R E P O R T -------------------------------------
Date: 02/18/13 09:05:49 ECU: MRS3 JobStatus: OKAY Variant: MRS3-------------------------------------------------------------
RESULT: 6 errors in error memory !-------------------------------------------------------------
13 ignition circuit ZK12 -> airbag driver stage 2
Error frequency : 1
error active at the moment resistor too small error is not sporadic-------------------------------------------------------------
12 ignition circuit ZK11 -> airbag passenger stage 2
error active at the moment resistor too large error is not sporadic-------------------------------------------------------------
11 ignition circuit ZK10 -> battery unplug 1
error active at the moment resistor too large error is not sporadic-------------------------------------------------------------
4 ignition circuit ZK3 -> airbag passenger
2 ignition circuit ZK1 -> belt tensioner driver
1 ignition circuit ZK0 -> airbag driver
error active at the moment resistor too small error is not sporadic

================================================== ===========

I've searched and searched and searched and can't find much info on these specific error codes. Before I start tearing the car apart to start trying to figure out what's wrong, or give up and go straight to the stealer to figure it out, I figured I'd ask you all and see if you had any ideas. The car is a 2001 M5, stock. I have a spare airbag module that I coded to the car using NCS expert and it gives the same codes, so it seems to be something with the car and not the module. Any help is much appreciated!

In an effort to provide as much info as possible, I've attached three screenshots of what I see in INPA for the module.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Identification.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	362802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coding.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	362803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Read Status.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	362804  

Last edited by cynsatim; 02-18-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added screenshots (xps) for added info
Ads by Google