View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
As far as vandalism goes, correct me if I'm wrong, but regardless of the jealousy, Germans (and Europeans as a whole) are far more careful with others peoples cars when parking next to them, correct(?); where they take care in not causing door dings, etc.? If true, I suppose it has to do with their car-loving culture?
Oh hellllll no, lol.

I witnessed in Europe people beating the crap out of cars without regard. I Was in a car that would push other cars out of the way to make room for it to park, which was par for the course out there apparently. And this was a new Jaguar at that. In Paris cars are so beat and dinged up you'd wonder why you even would want a nice car. General rules on roads are much more no holds barred, Police have very little presence in Paris, and people will literally speed up to almost run over pedestrians.

To top that off my own cousin who's a taxi cab driver was shocked when I told him in America we don't actually run from cops and engage high speed chases. No joke.

Ordered: Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350 "Sport", '02 S500 w/ Every Option.