View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
NdnStyl 540i/6

Mein Auto: BMW 540i/6
Yeah I found that video as well, that doesn't actually give me access to the lever assembly, removing the top part of the console doesn't allow you to see the hex bolts. What is in the way still, is the Air Duct that is under that part of the console that runs to the right of the shift knob and through the empty space under the center console. Then under that I believe is an airbag sensor which I don't believe has to be touched at all just stating for space reference, however the air duct does have to be removed.

It seems that in order for one to even move the air duct to the left or right to get to the securing hex bolts, the whole entire housing of the center console has to be removed from in between the two front seats because it is such a tight fit, not just the top where the phone used to be, that top part is just two screws as the video shows, pretty simple and the top portion just slides right out. At that point (this is an assumption because I haven't figured out how to remove the entire console) I will be able to move the air duct that runs from the front around the shifter and through the center console.

All in all, what I thought to be a quick 30min fix has become much too time consuming and I will likely just take it to the local shop sometime this week being as though I already have brake lever assembly.

Thanks for all the links and DIY vids though. These were all the ones I had found that all had gotten me to the same point I got stuck at.