View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
The first part is simply not true. The Accord is actually more powerful than the 328i, but it doesn't get the power to the ground nearly as efficiently and the AT is optimized for economy. So, it is quite a bit less friskly around town.
Dude I've had them as loaners and watched them lose or almost lose to cars half their price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
No offense meant (and you are certainly entitled to your opinion) but I think you're being a tad silly. I definitely understand and respect why a buyer would opt for the power and fun of a 335i. But, you are making out here like the 328i is an entirely different vehicle, and that is simply not true.
I've yet to see a 328i give me any kind of problem. The one guy who tried stock v. stock still got handled and I took a turn with the 200+ awd pounds @ 105, not sure what he took it at cause he was so far back.

Its not like its 335i pride, we've had multiple cars that have doubled my 335i's price. It's just the 328i is for a different kind of buyer and driver and if the OP falls into that category great! But to try and overhype its abilities is about as silly as me saying I'd prefer to walk over drive a bmw.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 02-19-2013 at 04:25 PM.