View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
weissbiermeister

Mein Auto: F355 GTS, '11&'14 535Mspt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
buying these things new just doesn't make sense.
True, esp. MBZ AMG's...I mean, look at an AMG's sticker price and then what a 2 y/o one sells for. The only explanation I can come up with for the precipitous decline in value is that AMG's are ridiculously, absurdly overpriced vehicles at MSRP.
My last car was an '09 E63 that had a window of $108k. It was an untitled dealer car that I leased when it was 6mos. old(w 5,xxx miles) for a cap cost of $71.5k(with 0 down). Now that's a crazy drop in 6mos! When I finished the lease, it appeared as though similar cars had asking prices BELOW the MBZFS residual. Imagine the poor sucker that BOUGHT a similar car for what, $102k?!

BMW's seem to do better, IMO...
I had 2 E46 M3's, both leased on ED. They were good-great cars for the money($775 & $825/mo respectively)Both vehicles were worth more than their residual at lease end, so I actually sold the last one and got a few grand.
ED#1 '04 M3 Silver-Gray/Black ED'ed 5/04... Munich/Como/Modena/Monaco/Rapallo/Munich
ED#2 '05 M3 Comp. Pkg. Silver-Gray/Black ED'ed 9/05...Munich/F1 Ital. GP/Lugano/Lucerne/F1 Spa-Cologne
ED#3. '14 535i MSport-Carbon/Ivory ED'ed 10/13...Munich, Reutte, Como, Luzern, Zurich