View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdreiSMG View Post
True, esp. MBZ AMG's...I mean, look at an AMG's sticker price and then what a 2 y/o one sells for. The only explanation I can come up with for the precipitous decline in value is that AMG's are ridiculously, absurdly overpriced vehicles at MSRP.
My last car was an '09 E63 that had a window of $108k. It was an untitled dealer car that I leased when it was 6mos. old(w 5,xxx miles) for a cap cost of $71.5k(with 0 down). Now that's a crazy drop in 6mos! When I finished the lease, it appeared as though similar cars had asking prices BELOW the MBZFS residual. Imagine the poor sucker that BOUGHT a similar car for what, $102k?!

BMW's seem to do better, IMO...
I had 2 E46 M3's, both leased on ED. They were good-great cars for the money($775 & $825/mo respectively)Both vehicles were worth more than their residual at lease end, so I actually sold the last one and got a few grand.
Yeah, good work on the M3's ! That car was highly sought after. Sounds like you have a good eye. I always felt like e63's were purposely priced just over 100k so customers could say that they drive a "hundred thousand dollar car!".