View Single Post
  #5  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Sugarrushbmw Sugarrushbmw is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia - DC Metro
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: X3 2.8i Alpine White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
How much is $500 to a $1000 off of invoice? You should be negotiating up from Invoice, not down fom MSRP. 'Course the dealer wants to negotiate in the other direction, down from MSRP. Wherever you end up, you'll probably be better off working up than working down.

Whatever you negotiate, make sure that you know when the dealer has a build slot for your X3. "We should have it in N-M weeks" is not the same as "We have a build slot in Week X that we will assign to your X3, Week X is such-and-such calendar week, and it should be here by Y". Getting a better price may not really really matter if you don't get your X3 until July. (With apologies to our European and Oz brothers and sisters, who might only dream of a July delivery date.)
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely negotiate from Invoice. I was just trying to see if it is better to wait for MY2014 and still get a good deal when doing factory delivery by putitng order in around April2013. Or, order the MY2013 this month so it will be in the last production month (March), and get an even better deal.

I can wait until end of September 2013 to get the X3 , so no time constraint on that front.

What you think?

Last edited by Sugarrushbmw; 02-20-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Reply With Quote