View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimm3rBum View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new to the Bimmer world. Just bought a 10/1986 528e a few months ago, and am wondering where's the best place to get parts and work done at a good price? I can do majority of the work myself. I only need help with really intricate work that requires special equipment/tools. any how I have a lot of work to do since the guy that had my car first didnt take horrible care if it, but also didnt take great care of it. but some of the first things im tryna get taken care of are the Wheels, suspension, and interior. for the wheels i currently have 17' alloy stock rims wheels from one of the 3 series from the 2000's dont know exactly which model, they came on the car. and for the suspension i need shocks struts and springs. the front suspension needs to be done ASAP. And for the interior i need a new drivers seat and eventually i wanna have everything reupholstered. any body got any tips im open for suggestins also any bimmer crew/meets im interested in checking it out.

Thanks...
Check out our sponsors for the parts you need, you can sometimes get complete suspension kits. Try to stick with OEM and you'll get much better results. You shouldn't really need any special tools for what you need to do, but buy yourself a Bentley's E28 repair manual, it's invaluable and will answer many, many questions that you will eventually have. Good luck!