View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
Which car will do much better in resale: a new M3 or M6 and after after 3 yrs and 36K miles? The M6 is more exclusive, or does that matter?
That's a tough call. Warranty eligible M3's (factory warranty + CPO have among the best resale value of any car. Highly sought after, iconic and relatively affordable (relative being the operative word). Outside of warranty is another story.

The M6 is beginning to shape up as a true super car. Those carbon fiber brakes are a game changer. I'm going to guess that the M6 will behave sort of like the M3 but, and it's a huge BUT; we could have another 1M on our hands.

I think M5's will continue to suck wind. I'm considering trading down a few years and treating the M more as a project car / toy. I got a great deal on our car (~30k under msrp) but I'm starting to approach that weird part of M5 depreciation where warranty expiration weighs heavily on value. I've got 18 months left so we'll probably enjoy it for the summer and then trade down. I've got like the best Indy shop on the planet so that's really helpful...

Last edited by mryakanisachoad; 02-21-2013 at 04:34 AM.