View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwt View Post
Ouch ... while I love my BMW, I would suggest before you make the iPad vs Kindle comparison, you take a look at Ford Electronics vs BMW. Even Bimmer magazine rated Ford higher. Go play with both and tell me why the BMW is "quality over specs". If nothing else, the Ford is far easier and more intuitive to use. No - I would not buy a Ford - just saying BMW is just a little behind the curve.

My $100 Garmin runs circles around the BMW Nav system in my F10 .. and my lifetime Garmin upgrade cost $39 vs. the $250 annual cost I was quoted at BMW ...
Please post a URL for us to read about how great Ford controls and electronics are. I'm genuinely interested.

The Lincoln's usability is not good. And I've driven other Ford vehicles too, such as the Explorer. I was forced to drive a relatively new Explorer for a month while my Odyssey was repaired from a collision. I hated every minute of it because the controls and so forth are not usable. They suck.

But I'm interested in any reviews you've read that rate them high. Maybe I've been driving the wrong Ford vehicles.

Regarding the Garmin, I've used one. I hated it. The user interface was not good and it was sluggish. Reminds me of the Kindle Fire (although I don't hate my Kindle Fire, I just don't love it).

Regarding the F10 nav, I've heard numerous reports of it being inaccurate. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive so I have not had any personal experience with it yet. But the features do actually need to work, so if the F10 nav struggles to be accurate then that would be a negative.

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry