View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehauler View Post
No, mine is a touchscreen controller, but I can do almost everything via voice commands. It takes a little practice, but it's a lot more logical than the BMW voice commands, plus there are prompts on what to say next. Finally, I can do something like...press voice button speak phone, speak call ...even if I have not programmed in any voice dials on the phone itself. Say...call brother on cell and it will call my brother on his cell phone....say call brother at home and it dials his home number. I hardly ever use my touch screen unless I am pulled over and scrolling over on the map (iDrive is nicer there). I have to use my iDrive much more often on my Bimmer, rather than using the voice commands.
You'd hate M-B then. The voice control on my E-Class was pathetic enough that I found myself shouting simple names at it (probably looked like a maniac to others on the road, lol) like "CALL MOM.... CALL M.O.M..... CALL JOHN.... CALL JONNNNNN.... CALL F***IN JOHN YOU STUPID ****I* ***T!!!!".

My BMW has a perfect Voice Control compared to what I was previously used to. I can say to call just about anybody in my phone book and "she'll" get it right.

BTW, how the heck to we send Texts out? I can read my Texts, but the option to "Speak to Text" or simply "Reply" are either grayed out or just don't work.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.