View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550i 6MT m sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehauler View Post
but if a dealership has ignored me, my wife, or was a general pain to deal with...they will not earn my business no matter how good their price might be. Nor will I go there to service. I drove 50 miles to service my Lexus previously. There were dealers closer, but I believe that it's good to reward a dealership that does right by the customer.
You are better than me. I would ignore the brand all together.

Growing up, my dad brought home many different cars. I remember marveling at how a Plymouth - (donít recall which but it had ďPlymouthĒ written across the back. It was so big that the word fit with ample space between the letters lol) Ė we drove in used to soak up bumps in this one stretch of uneven road. It did that better than any other car we had including range rover, land cruiser a large Datsun and a Mercedes e280 and probably a few more others.

I grew up marveling about how large American sedans had the ability to soak up bumps. My first car as a matter of fact was a large Buick Roadmaster. I loved that car but slowly grew to understand that at high speeds and in turns, floaty isnít good lol.

When it was time to buy a new car, I wasnít as well prepared as you were and I remember walking with my wife into a Ford dealer ship and being exposed to games, rudeness, arm twisting and flat out bullying! We didnít know better back then and we eventually left without buying the car but feeling shocked at the experience. I remember a sales manager demanding to know from me if ďI was serious about buying a carĒ! To them I HAD to leave the dealership with a car. We didnít and I look back and wonder why I didnít put them in their place and told them to go F themselves. We didnít receive such treatment at a BMW dealership and we walked out happy with our first 3 series. Save for a Corvette z06, we stuck with BMWs (as well as one maxima) for all our cars ever since. That corvette had many issues including a steering lock problem that rendered the car useless. I honestly didnít get to enjoy it since day one. Another disappointment.

I am sure my experience is not the norm and there are probably many fine American cars. My uncle is very happy with his Cadillac CTS coupe. I just canít bring myself to consider them especially that I am really happy with my BMW and canít wait for my new car to arrive.
Carbon Black 2013 550i Dynamic Handling, Executive, Bang & Olufsen, BMP Apps, M Sport, Adaptive Drive, Integral Active Steering, Rear shades, Heated seats, Manual Transmition, Matte black grill, Carbon black front reflectors.

Happiness isn't about getting what you want, it is wanting what you got.