View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 F10/06-330i/11-F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post

It's my grandfather's 1984 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency! The second picture shows my g-pa with his beloved Ninety-Eight when he took delivery of it. Check out that cockpit and those seats. Those seats were pure luxury back then.

This was my very first experience in a large, soft American boat. It's funny you say you "marvel[ed] about how large American sedans had the ability to soak up bumps" because when I first road in this vehicle, that was *exactly* what happened to me.

And, ok, now don't laugh at me for saying this, but over the past week as I've become more and more anxious to take delivery of my 550i, which has DDC and ARS, I've been closet-hoping that in comfort or comfort+ mode, it soaks up bumps just like this Ninety-Eight! I have literally thought, "I wonder if my vehicle with DDC and ARS will soak up bumps like g-pa's Ninety-Eight."

Granted, I want my 550i to also do well in corners, but when I'm cruising the freeway, I want it to feel like a tank and provide a glass smooth ride.
Mine is very smooth when in comfort or comfort+ It's a car I would not mind driving long periods of time....more importantly, the seats in the 550 are some of the very best I have every had the pleasure of sitting in. Be sure to take your time and adjust your seats to youself. This by itself will greatly improve your driving experience.
Retired
2004 Lexus GS 430, 2001 GMC Yukon, 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 1997 Ford Thunderbird V-8