View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Dunc61

Mein Auto: 2001 X5 4.4
My '01 X5 4.4 does not have the NAV setup on dash, just basic music/phone/mileage info in middle of dash by CD which I believe is the MID? I also have the signal light OBC button to display info above the steering wheel beneath odometer reading line which is what I am missing at present and would like to get back.
Not sure I fully understand High vs Low cluster difference, but I believe I have the high cluster from your comments. I used to be able to scroll thru the Check Control systems info (time/stop watch/etc) when pushing the signal light OBC button but now there is no display at all. I dont recall seeing either priority 1 or 2 warnings but must have given your response that nothing appears.
So to clarify, I should press and hold the signal light OBC button til Prog 1 appears then press the Set key in order to get all data back. Where is the Set key? If not correct please reconfirm.

As for the 20 codes I referred to, I was pressing and holding the right button and then toggled thru various NR codes using the right/left button combinations. Yes, I know you're right in terms of messing with stuff I shouldnt be.

I hope this helps in determining my setup and curious if to know if there is any other specific codes that are good to know or do you suggest that I should leave all those other codes alone and stick to just resetting the oil service indicator.