View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDEddie1 View Post
Radarguy's post just about sums it up from my perspective. I've had three e39s (1997, 2000, 2002), but not V8s, and they were completely different than my new F10.

BTW...Be sure to test-drive an F10 with DHP before you make your final choice. The DHP's uto roll stabilization and electronic dampeners are a must for this car. Set and configure them to sport+ (for chassis and drivetrain) and drive it! Thats the best the F10 will get (handling wise) in stock form.

Otherwise, you might find yourself planning mods (springs, sways, and exhaust) like me just to get back that e 39 feel and sound.
Take this as the biggest warning against the F10. If you are used to a great driving car you will hate the F10. Getting into an E39 or E60 the drive is just great. Having to switch to sport plus or whatever in the new car is stupid. Why do you have to change settings in a new BMW to make it feel like it drives well? In the end it still drives like poop. If your car is still nice and drivable do not give it up. I would pay big money to get my original E60 back and even more for a new E39. dont do it.