View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana19 View Post
Glad that I'm not the only person who sees the E34 to F10 connection - I am biased since my first car (which I still have) was an E34 but I absolutely love the parallels between the designs of the two vehicles separated by wholly two decades. I did have a brief E39 stint, and strongly agree that the F10 looks more like a successor to the E39 than the E60.

I know there are many E39 owners who also have F10s but I have a feeling I am one of very few F10 owners who also owns an E34.
Nice! Yeah, I think people focus on how much of the E39's spirit the F10 brought back, that they overlook just how much of the E34's spirit it harkens to as well.

Man, the E34's were all around my life when I was growing up. My best friends had one (hand me down, 540i green with white interior, lucky punk ), my older brother had a green with tan interior E34 525i with a 5-Speed and one that replaced his previous '88 5-Series, both of which I rode in numerously and have tons of memories of in my childhood. His E34 was the first Manual I ever drove.

Then, I passed (after failing the first two) my driving test in my Mom's black E34 525i with white interior. I did most all of my driving-practice in that car.

The 5er just flows through my bloodline.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.