View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Steel View Post
Hey Jim....It looks like your contact points for your ground are on your car's body and then to a splice into the brown ground wire .

To take the load off of the brown wire ground circuit, I think you need to rig a ground from the car body to a new ground point on the rear light fixture ( not splice a new ground to the same old brown wire).

I think that is what I see in uour pics, forgive me if my vision is distorted.

I am going to rig a supplemental ground wire from the car body to a ground point on the rear light fixture to prevent too much current from running throught the brown wire ground circuit.
Yes, that is the way it is connected...ground wire spliced to another wire that is grounded to the body. I was following the method that the e46 guys were using in the link above, but we don't have a ground tab on our light fixture. I was afraid attach to any of the many metal points in the bulb holder for fear of damaging something so I grounded it to the body. Something's working because I don't have anymore bulb or lamp errors...seems like its still relieving that wire of some of the current.

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold

Last edited by jim165; 02-26-2013 at 08:55 AM.