View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD34 View Post
But in reality I rarely plug it in. It works so seamlessly as a phone, music player via Bluetooth that I just leave my phone on my belt. At some point probably after I trade my iPhone 4S for the next version of an iPhone 5 I will get the insert so I can use the external antenna.
My Samsung GSII also works perfectly via Bluetooth - as a phone, SMS reader (but not sender) device, and even as a music source. However, I mainly do pretty long journeys, and I'd like to be able to charge the battery while using it (this seems more important to me than the external antenna) - so I'd like to snap it in. Unfortunately, there are no snap-in adapters available to any Samsung models - and even if we assume they will arrive with time, I doubt my aged GSII will be covered (with GSIV on the horizon)...

This, plus BMW Apps, are the main reasons I'm considering the upgrade to iPhone (speaking of which, currently there is no snap-in adapter for iPhone 5 either - only the 4 and 4S - but it's most probably coming).

Before I fork the cash for an iPhone though, I'd really like to test my GSII with the Android version of BMW Apps - would appreciate sharing the apk with me as it cannot be downloaded in Poland. If the tests fail, it will be one more incentive to go Apple

Last edited by MoldCAD; 02-27-2013 at 07:55 AM.