View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Who would buy working versions of injectors that have failed? The injectors are being replaced for a reason, can't imagine anyone would want to go backwards and get some that were known to be prone to failure.
Because not everyone can afford the $1300+ for six of the new version, even if it is a little better. The reason BMW replaced them has nothing to do with the N54 engine. It's because the N63 (V8) engine had issues with the older version and it's simply easier to produce and stock one product compatible across multiple product lines then a version specific to just the N63. I bought one of the old version from Tischer/BMW of Silver Spring as a spare just in case I need to replace one down the road. If I have to replace more than that I'll bite the bullet and replace all six.
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 LED angel eyes

Last edited by DJtoad; 03-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.