View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
It's not a question of people getting the base model because they can't afford the luxury model, it's only a $2,000 option, not like it's a completely different car! In fact I had one ordered same spec/color as BJ's but I cancelled it when I saw one on a dealer lot as I couldn't stand the chrome trims/whiskers on the outside, but it was only about $45 less per month when I switched to my no-line, hardly the difference between a Ford and a Maserati!
We're not discussing just the $2,000 luxury line or the $900 xenon headlamp delete. The conversation has taken a turn towards why people buy BMW 3 Series and how its a nice thing that BMW lets knowingly-naive customers deconstruct their $50,000 luxury cars down to $37,000 rides that cost more than an Accord and do significantly less.

Not judging, but it gets tiresome to hear these 25 year olds exclaim how they are driving 'high performance' stripped F30's when the truth is far from that. Now more than ever, the 3 Series loses all its comfort, luxury, and performance when you can't afford to crack the $40,000 mark. We all know this, there's no reason to deny the fact.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®