View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
Buying a used injector is a bad idea. If one is trying to save money then they probably also will not pay to have the ECU properly coded for the injector which means it still won't work as well as it should.

A skilled DIY enthusiast that can code their own it might make sense to try but I wouldn't promote the idea of selling used injectors to novice forum members so they can try a save a few bucks.
While I can certainly see your point, I don't think most novice members would try to tackle replacing an injector without seeing what's involved, including the need to code the ECU with the "new" injector's value using INPA. Besides, it's not just to save "a few bucks" but well over a thousand. That said, the injector tips are extremely delicate and have to be carefully protected. New ones come with a metal cap to both protect the tip and to keep the o-ring compressed. Even if the injector was good when it came out of the car, it wouldn't take much to damage it so I'd have to think twice before buying one from someone I don't know.
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 LED angel eyes

Last edited by DJtoad; 03-02-2013 at 07:54 AM.