View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 88 BMW 735i
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggyd357 View Post
I've installed probably 20-30 successful sound systems...however with the sensitive electrical system in my 97 528i I am a but hesitant. Is there anything I should know before getting started? I have a kicker distribution block coming directly off my battery positive post and a grounding lug directly off the negative post. Is this a good idea ? I know it probably sounds like a stupid question, but no sound is worth damaging my car's electrical system so I have to ask. Also...Ill be running 1000w rms in a 1ohm load. Basically, I'm just wanting to know is there anything that I should do differently than I would if I were doing an install in, say.....a chevy s-10 ??? Should I run a kinetik battery with isolator ??? Or can I just go with the set up I have??? Thanks everyone for taking the time.
dont do that ground lik that you well diff mess up your car... use a shock tower bolt or a good trunk ground bolt... dnt use a cap neitha. that will kill you alternator. do the big 3 upgrade but use 2ga wire not the 0ga.... .... im going to do my 97 740il if you need some help me hit my up 0k i own my own car audio business so its comes easy to me and us over here.... over 10 yrs n the game... let me knw man