View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Thumbs down

Your example is a bit skewed.

The things you describe happening with the '12 328 sound like first model year issues...many have a rule not to buy a first model year car. I have seen other '12 owners mention your same problems.

Meanwhile I had an '09 VW CC that had large failures which wound up being common and not just small annoyances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsackman View Post

I think one fact that we do agree upon is that many people who grew up with lesser cars fell for the marketing efforts of BMW and peer pressure and have for many years aspire to that hype. Then when they get the opportunity to get a BMW, they merely compare them to the cars with what they had, not what else is in the market. I concede that a BMW is better that a Toyota or Honda or many American cars, but in comparison to what it is marketed against - Mercedes and Audi, it fails.
Understanding that, the BMW should correctly be compared with the Golf GTI and the like, rather than the Audi or Mercedes.
My wife commented again today on the fading of the rubber window seals and the "B"-pillar from a car that is a mere 1 year old and is always parked in a garage. A comparison was made to the 1-year old Golf TDI that stands outside and has no fading at all.

Oh, just a final point, I am speaking from first-hand experience with current models BMW and Audi, and VW, since you threw that into the mix.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1