View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
The big thing for me is that I wanted a 4 door, manual transmission, fast car. Other than no standard sunroof (which I've had on my last 4 cars and never opened) and leather not standard, what else could a 3 series have for it not to be considered loaded???? Power everything, auto a/c, idrive, nice stereo, folding rear seats, great styling, keyless entry, amazing 8 speed transmission or manual for no extra charge. All these new luxury options have NOTHING to do with driving! BMW has never called themselves "the ultimate luxury car".
A similarly priced Acura would have gotten you the equivalent of a $52,000 F30 with all the bells and whistles.

"Loaded" these days means navigation, xenons, leather, full USB, full Bluetooth, park distance control, rear camera, full keyless entry, heated seats, fully adjustable power seats, sunroof, and on and on. Basically, take an F30, add all the packages, you've got an Acura that's still $7,000-$10,000 cheaper with all that stuff.

You have a great car, enjoy it. My only point is that BMW's aren't designed from the bottom-up. They're designed at the top and can be de-featured on the way down. Not a very controversial comment, not sure why it's causing a reaction. And moreso now than ever before; even the crisp suspension and handling gets taken off down at $37,000, have to pay for a Sport line or an Adaptive M Suspension just to get back to where the E90 left off. And the new 320i? Allows you to strip out the horsepower, too.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®