View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Has Lear been the seat manufacturer for BMW for a long time or just since the F30? This may be tough to know for sure.
i know that the e90s used lear-- the other week i was retrofitting the storage hooks to a 2011 E90 and there was a lear build sheet under the rear bench. i remember finding the same under the rear seat of my 07.

i vaguely remember my 2001 had a similar lear build sheet under the rear bench...

edit: found this article, looks like lear has been the oem for bmw for 20 years or so
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., July 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Lear Seating Corp. (NYSE: LEA), one of the world's leading suppliers of automotive seating, has been awarded a contract with BMW. In the past, Lear had been delivering seating hardware to the Munich car manufacturer. In the future, Lear will assume the responsibility as Tier I system supplier, which includes both development and production of complete seats. A similar cooperation has already been agreed upon last year: Lear develops and manufactures complete seats for the future BMW Roadster production in Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA.
The new contract allows Lear to transfer its know-how in complete seat development and production from the longstanding experience gained in North America to the European market. Within just a few years, system development contracts for major European customers such as Opel, Saab, Volvo and Jaguar as well as production orders in seven European countries have strengthened Lear's position in Europe. The close cooperation with BMW AG in Germany, one of the few who have not been hit by the recession, underlines Lear's high quality development capabilities as well as its cost-effective production know-how.
Lear Seating Corporation is a publicly traded Fortune 500 company which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (LEA) and is one of the world's leading automotive seating manufacturers. Lear produced over 11 million automobile seats in 1993 and employs approximately 18,500 workers in 60 facilities worldwide with sales of approximately $2 billion for the 1993 calendar year.
-0- 7/5/94
/CONTACT: John Bailey of Casey Communications Management, 810-746-6070 or Nick Feles of Lear Seating, 810-746-1515/
(LEA)
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level: