View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
Latest update. Have the BMW Battery Tender 1.25 amp charger (from BMW yesterday) so charged the battery for 8 hours today and viola...the issues magically disappeared. Checked the battery voltage and it was 12.72 volts. Returned the battery to charge for an additional 6 hours and battery now charged to 13.30 volts. The automatic battery tender didn't shut off or go to trickle charge. I started checking and immediately following the 13.30 volt reading, the voltage began to ever so slowly drop, and in 5 minutes had dropped to 13.14 volts. Within 90 minutes it had dropped to 13.05 volts, or a quarter voit. Nothing had been turned on, the keys were 75 feet away, no door opened, no lights on, nada. So something is slowly draining the battery as tha car sits. Tomorrow will be interesting as I check it to see the overnight drop, and then every few hours to see how much it drops and at what point the gremlins might reappear. It's going back to BMW on Monday in any case as there is definitely something wrong in Bimmerville. As long as they keep giving the spouse that M5 for a loaner.....just kidding.