View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li, F250 V10, Ex 7.3L
ahhhh so you do understand my "novel" approach....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
Congrats. So, you going to strip car down and get rid of the carcass? I did that to an E46 and ended up cutting the body into manageable sized pieces so I could haul to recycler. When I got there, I learned that they would take entire cars sans fuel tank. But, in the end I got paid more per pound of steel since they did not have to separate non steel materials. Next time, I will get all non steel parts removed and haul the entire body to the recycler. Good luck.
I once cut up a Z and took it to pick n pull a few hunks at a time and put it in their metal bin. I was not aware of the local metal recycling place at the time. Now I probably will receycle. Around here, if the car has no valuable parts, you might have to PAY the towtruck to take it away, even if you give them the pink.

So the novelty of the approach to my HPFP problem was to pay somewhere near the price of HPFPs and just replace the entire engine, transmission, all accessories like alt, PS pump, A/C pump and hoses, even the steering rack, and get rid of a majority of future failures, and also oil leaks all at once. And I get a crash course in the car, as I mentioned.

so yes, descend upon it like locusts and strip it as bare as possible. But getting to the rest of the pirate booty to sell things, like interior and such, might take some time.

I am not sure how the engine bay wiring harness hooks up, but if I can get that, then that goes in as well.

glad you understand.