View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammadurb View Post
Got an update from my SA, he said all eight fuel injectors will be replaced. I should have the car back by tomorrow. Let's see what happens. I would advise against keeping these cars long term, especially after the warranty expires. The scary truth is that cars are becoming more advanced, the cost of maintaining and repairing is increasing tremendously. The turbo repair on my F02 would have cost upwards of $25k. These cars are not great investments, enjoy it while you can, and move on to a new one before the warranty runs out.

Glad you got in fixed. But I mean all 8 injectors bad on a 1 year old car? I mean what is happening to German quality? Happened to pick up a copy of Consumer reports at the barber and it has the quality ratings. All top performers are Japanese brands.
BMW was all over the map, some models good (328, 535) others bad (550, x3)
and the worst was the 7 series - "much worse than average" rating. Nothing for 6 series as it was too new a model to have data. Audi was best German brand quality wise. All cars are getting more advanced, but really gets me we can't buy a $90,000 high end car to keep long term.