View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by svp66 View Post
I think you should not be immediately discouraged by the 6 series. Probably the 2012 has more issues than 2013 or 2014, but I suspect the people with real problems are still a minority. Most of the owners tend to post when they have issues. I bet if you go on MB / Porsche forums, you will find similar threads.

That being said, I had the same drivetrain malfunction issue on day 2 of my lease. The dealer replaced the injector pump on one side the very same day, filled tank, and gave me an iPhone craddle - nice service, I'd say. 12,000 miles later no problem at all. I agree that I would not like to own such an expensive to fix car outside of a waranty though.
I get your point, but still have a hard time with the frequency & severity of the problems many have had with new 650's. Another info source from consumer reports surprisingly shows BMW and Benz V8 versions of the same model had much worse reliability
compared to the V6 versions. Very strange. My reading of many posts does bear this out - numerous people reporting bad injectors, fuel pumps, plugs ect. on the 650 V8. Now maybe the 2013/14 models have improved on this, like to hear from some folks with '13's for input. All cars can have problems, but the 6 is a flagship model, I frankly expect better than this for almost 6 figures.

BMW corporate policy is a another concern, look at the poor guy with the CPO 7 series. I mean don't they back up a CPO with any warranty? And I know it's now a throwaway society, but if you can't plan to keep a premium top of the line car past the warranty period, it's a sad state of affairs for sure.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 03-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.