View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW X3 3.0
Tire & Wheel Protection

BMW Wheel & Protection warranty I purchased for my 2013 X3 xDrive 35i.

Had a 2004 X3 3.0 earlier that went through a set in around every 35,000 miles plus at around $1,000 a set for Pirelli Scorpions. Then once had a damaged tire sort of close to when I would have gotten new tires and would have liked to driven a bit more, but decided to change all four then. I guess the point was if I had the extended warranty I wouldn't have had to agonize over the lost money and tread wear? It was weird because I suspected it was punctured on purpose but didn't have any real proof.

With the 2013 X3 3.0 decided to get the 19" wheels and the car comes with the Run-On-Flat Goodyears. Not having any experience with that tire, and concerned when Road & Track or someone broke a long term test BMW 19" wheel through their typically rough driving, thought I would cover myself or at least ease my concerns by getting the warranty.

Have 6,500+ miles on the car in five months so drive a lot, hit a lot of potholes, etc. so at least it does the "ease my concern" part and otherwise haven't had any problems with the tires and wheels so far - I typically drive around 13,000 miles a year and the X3 is a key component of my livelihood as I drive to see clients several times a week with 60-100 mile round trips being the norm.

Last edited by Design49er; 03-07-2013 at 01:42 PM.