View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb View Post
Just to put in a contrarian view of CPO... I bought a CPO'd 2007 650 vert in fall of 2010 with 34K miles off a single owner/lease. Sticker was $97K and I got it for less than $40K. Now, 2.5 years later, I have had several major issues fixed under CPO for either $50 or $0. For example, the dealer adjusted and replaced convertible top sensors a couple of times, replaced the vacuum pump and seals to fix oil leak, replaced mechantronics sleeve and tranny pan to fix tranny fluid leak, etc. All of these were done with no hassle, a free loaner car (as long as I scheduled in advance) and with great service.

So, all in all, I'm happy with the CPO program and will likely buy a CPO 2013 vert with low miles in a couple of years when they come back in off lease (which is why I've been cruising this forum
Very glad you have had good experience with your CPO. Problem is it seems BMW is becoming like corvette - one guy loves his/no problems, the next is a living nightmare of issues/bad corporate support. I honestly think BMW is having quality control issues.