View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 535i 6MT & '89 535iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
This subject also intrigues me. Much like a previous poster, I find that I get a lot of discrimination for my age. I am 30 and my wife is 29 however we both appear to be in our early 20s and I have been told I look like I just came out of high school lol. I still occasionally get carded at bars. This used to bother me and my wife and I would joke about dressing up and going into dealerships to get more attention. However after turning 30, I am more conscientious of my age and I am flattered when people say I look young.
I am in my 20s and have a pretty simple philosophy on this matter. I dress the way that I would normally dress at the time I'm visiting a dealership (if it's during the week I'm probably in business or business casual attire and if it's the weekend I'm in jeans and t-shirts). If I am ignored at the dealership I simply walk away - their loss. Only actually happened once when I was shopping for my F10 (actually at an Audi dealership). At the time I was still experimenting with other brands (I've never liked the idea of being devoted to one brand but it just so happened that BMWs proved to again satisfy my needs better than the other vehicles I drove). After actually requesting a salesperson and being ignored for a solid 15 minutes, I simply left. I ordered my F10 at about invoice less holiday discounts roughly two weeks later from Classic BMW in Plano. Interestingly, I was fully attended to at every BMW dealership I visited (in Dallas in particular, I think they are used to having younger buyers especially considering BMW's shockingly affordable leasing options).