View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed reading it recently. I am seeking advice on two options I currently have of purchasing an X3.

2011 CPO 28i with 12K miles and Premium, Nav, Conv pkg (everything I need) for 37K.
Or
2013 28i with all the same packages that would go for about 47K.

Honestly i do see value in the CPO as I get essentially same warranty on it i.e. 4 more yrs from now as the new one.
But I have two questions
1. Since MY11 was the first year for the renewed X3, were there any known issues that existed with that model year which got sorted out over the years?
2. I drove the 2013 one and liked it. But the 2011 has the I6 engine compared to the I4 on 2013. And I haven't driven 2011 since the dealership is kind of far. Do you guys know of any obvious differences in the engine feel and response. Which ones better?

Thanks
I guess it depends on your finanical situation, if money is not an issue, go for the 13, if saving $10000 means you dont have to stretch as much finanaically, then go for the CPO.
I am in the same shoes as you, looking for a loaded 2011 or a 2013. I started a thread a while back about known problems in the 2011 X3 and there doersnt seem to any except for the rattling pano roof which can easily be fix. I have drove both of the I4 and I6 engine and find the I6 smoother and sounded better, but the I4 was quicker and better gas mileage. I also looked into the BMW CPO warranty, there seems to a lot of parts that are not cover under the CPO warranty that are covered under the new car warranty, so buyers beware.